Datascape provides an immersive 3D environment in which users can collaboratively visualise and interact with historical and real-time data and 2D media.
Datascape optimises the user interface to maximise human analysis, especially of unstructured and semi-structured data. It is not an automated analysis tool – although it can be used to visualise the outputs of such tools. Our aim is to provide an application which will deliver benefit on any ordinary computing device with reasonable graphics capability, you do not need special display technology (although such technology can be used with Datascape).
Using Datascape you can:
- Import data from a wide variety of data sources, with native support for CSV/Excel and SQL and access to XML, JSON and other through ETL tools such as Kettle
- Import data from web services such as RSS, Twitter and other feeds and real-time data
- Interact with up to 65,000 points at a time, and visualise over 100,000 (depends on PC)
- Dynamically map and re-map data parameters onto plot features – with up to 10 features being available per plot point
- Plot multiple datasets in the same subjective space
- Filter, group, and highlight data
- Plot geospatial and temporal data with time-on-a-stick
- Animate data in time or space
- “Scrub” data through a dynamic filter window