Datascape provides an immersive 3D environment in which users can collaboratively visualise and interact with historical and real-time data and 2D media.
Datascape optimises the user interface to maximise human analysis, especially of unstructured and semi-structured data. It is not an automated analysis tool – although it can be used to visualise the outputs of such tools. Our aim is to provide an application which will deliver benefit on any ordinary computing device with reasonable graphics capability, you do not need special display technology (although such technology can be used with Datascape).
Datascape can be delivered as a standalone desktop application, or as a networked or internet delivered multi-user system. Using Datascape you can:
- Import data from a wide variety of data sources, with native support for Excel, CVS and SQL and access to XML, JSON and other through ETL tools such as Kettle
- Import data from web services such as RSS, Twitter and other feeds and real-time data
- Visualise up to 65,000 entities at a time
- Dynamically map and re-map data parameters onto plot features – with up to 10 features being available per plot point
- Plot multiple datasets in the same subjective space
- Filter, group, and highlight data
- Use force-graph algorithms to plot network graphs
- Plot geospatial and temporal data with time-on-a-stick
- Save spaces for later analysis, or share them with other users, with over a dozen users being able to collaborate in the same space, each visible to each other
- Animate data in time or space
- “Scrub” data through a dynamic filter window